The development of CAR NK cell therapies can capitalize on the knowledge and experience gained from decades of CAR T research. Furthermore, the inherent biology of NK cells offers a number of potential advantages as the starting cell type for allogeneic, off-the-shelf engineered cell therapy. These advantages include:
Inherent anticancer activity. In a systematic literature review of published clinical trial results of allogeneic NK cells in cancer, a 34% response rate was observed amongst 103 patients with relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML) that were treated with non-engineered NK cells across six academic clinical studies. These data demonstrate the inherent anticancer activity of the body’s NK cells, and support the opportunity for increasing the activity of NK cells through the addition of a CAR that specifically targets the tumor, and secretory IL-15 that sustains NK cell survival in the body.
- 37,000 ft2 cGMP production footprint in Toa Baja Puerto Rico
- Cell and virus manufacturing in PR
- Locked-in cord blood supply
- Capacity adequate for all planned trials
- Team of 30+ employees in manufacturing; 50%+ relocated from mainland
- First GMP lots targeted for 1H2022